- To add another column or Grade Item in your grade book, navigate to Grades tool -> Manage Grades tab.
- Click the New button and select Item.
- On the first page, choose what type of grade item this is. You will most often use the Numeric grade item type.
- On the next page, you will make decisions about how your Grade Item will be treated. Complete the settings as desired.
- Repeat the steps for each Grade Item.
- To create a category, click on the New button and select Category from the dropdown.
- Complete the details of the Category and click Save. If you don’t know what the choice to make in the details is, click on the small black circle with the question mark inside to get a description.
3. When you are finished selecting the settings, click Save and Close.
4. Repeat the steps to create each category for your Grades. Examples of Categories are Quizzes, Homework, Discussions, Presentations, Examinations, but are up to you in terms of how you organize your gradebook for the items that come under a Category.