Brightspace assists you in creating two types of rubrics:
- Two-dimensional rubrics with levels of achievement as columns and assessment criteria as rows.
- Assess learners’ achievements based on multiple criteria using a single rubric.
- Assign different weights (value) to different criteria and include an overall achievement by totaling the criteria.
- Analytic rubrics may use points, custom points, or text-only (letter grades) scoring methods.
- Points and custom points analytic rubrics may use both text and points to assess performance; with custom points, each criterion may be worth a different number of points.
- For both points and custom points, an overall score is provided based on the total number of points achieved. The overall score determines whether the activity is achieved.
- Single criterion rubrics (one-dimensional) used to assess learners’ overall achievement on an activity or item based on predefined achievement levels.
- Holistic rubrics may use a percentages or text-only scoring method.
How to Create a Rubric
- Go to Rubrics, found under the Assessments tab.
- On the Rubrics page, click New Rubric.
- In the General area, enter your rubric details (e.g., Name and Description).
- To associate your rubric with Competencies or the Brightspace ePortfolio, in the Advanced Availability section, select the Competencies or Brightspace ePortfolio check boxes.
- Click Save. Then do one of the following: If you created an analytic rubric, in the Levels and Criteria tab, edit your criteria and levels.
- If you created a holistic rubric, in the Levels tab, edit your levels.