- After a student has submitted a document into the Assignment submission folder, the report will initially appear as “In Progress” while the information is submitted to Turnitin.
2. After the percentage appears in the Reports column, click Grade and Leave Feedback to grade using the Assignments tool or click the Originality Report percentage directly if you wish to view.
3. In the Feedback area, select the Originality Report to view the document.
4. A new browser tab will open from Turnitin containing the student Originality Report. The report is divided into two panels:
a. On the left side is the student’s paper with any sections highlighted that the Turnitin system believes might be improperly cited or not original work.
b. On the right side is the source Turnitin found that matches the student’s submission.
5. Turnitin’s Grademark function can be accessed in two ways:
a. From the Turnitin report (select GradeMark)
b. From the Brightspace Feedback page (select the Markup Document icon).
6. When you look at the screen, ETS eRater comments will appear in purple. As you read the student’s paper, you can Dismiss or Add Comments to the items that Turnitin has already marked for you by hovering over the highlighted area and using the fly-out window.
7. Add comments (blue) by selecting one of the QuickMark comments located on the right side of the screen and dragging it onto the paper where it is needed.
8. Edit the QuickMark comments by hovering over the highlighted area of the comment until you see the Edit button on the fly-out window.
9. Manually add comments by clicking on the paper and entering text in the box provided. If there is a comment you make frequently on your students’ papers, make your own QuickMark by clicking on the Save as a new QuickMark link.