Table of Contents
Technology at City Colleges of Chicago
CCC recognizes the importance of technology as a means of increasing both student engagement and access to instructional resources and as a way of allowing both students and faculty to leverage the efficiencies afforded by online tools and automated processes. CCC makes the following resources available to students:
- A free email account
- Up to five free copies of Microsoft Office
- 24 x 7 access to Brightspace for classroom announcements, course assignments, and other instructional resources. for classroom announcements, course assignments, and other instructional resources.
- Use of computer labs throughout the district
- A computer discount purchase program
- The ability to borrow a laptop or “hot spot” through the free loaner laptop program
- Smart Classrooms and high-speed internet at every college.
- Students may connect their personal devices to our CCCFREE wireless network within any CCC building
Tutoring and Academic Advising Services
Both tutoring and advising services are available for all City Colleges of Chicago students. You can make an appointment with either a tutor or advisor through Navigate. Walk-in hours are also available.
Visit Tutoring Services for information on tutoring locations, times, subject areas and tutor availability.
Students should see their advisors at least once per semester, and anytime they have a question or concern about their academic progress or future plans.
My.CCC.EDUMy.ccc.edu is CCC’s online portal for students, faculty, and staff. The portal provides single sign-on to Outlook email, is CCC’s online portal. The portal provides single sign-on to Outlook email, Brightspace, remote library access, Navigate, and Campus Solutions.
- General course schedules and catalog descriptions
- Mid-term and Final grades
- Financial aid status and balance
- Personalized schedules
- Academic history or unofficial transcript
- Class status-enrolled, dropped, withdrawn, or deleted
- Plus enroll in or drop a class.
Navigate will provide a personalized Care Team to each student made up of an advisor, faculty, and other specifically assigned staff from the Transfer Center Financial Aid Office, Career Services, and Student Activities – making it easier to know exactly where to go for help when needed.
Navigate replaces GradesFirst. It is a communication and retention tool which facilitates the identification of students who may be at-risk academically and the coordination of student services to assist these students.
Help guides can be found at www.ccc.edu/navigate.
If you have any questions about Navigate, please contact the implementation team at email@example.com.
Zoom web conferencing software is available to all CCC student, faculty, and staff. Zoom features include:
- Ability to record meetings
- Ability to share your screen
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Meetings with people both within and outside of City Colleges
- Advanced features like break-out rooms, a collaborative white board, and real-time polling
For more information, view the Condensed Guide to Educating Through Zoom
Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365)
Office 365 is now Microsoft 365. Designed to help you achieve more with innovative Office apps, intelligent cloud services, and world-class security.
Get a Free Copy of Microsoft Office
|A graphical word processing program that allow the users to type and save documents. Similar to other word processors, it has helpful tools to make documents.|
|A spreadsheet application with features to perform calculation, graphing tools, pivot tables, and a macro programming language called Visual Basic for Applications.|
|A slide show presentation program that allows users to create an electronic presentation. The features include graphics, special effects, video and kiosk films, and voice recording.|
|A computer program for free-form information gathering and multi-user collaboration. It gathers users’ notes (handwritten or typed), drawings, screen clippings and audio commentaries.|
|A cloud storage, file hosting service that allows users to sync files and later access them from a web browser or mobile device.|
|A collaboration hub for teamwork. It connects: chat and threaded conversations, meetings & video conferencing, calling, content collaboration with the power of Microsoft 365 applications.|
Office 365 Additional Applications
Delve focus on the Office 365 information that is interesting to you. It remembers the title of documents and where you have stored recent documents.
Video is an Intranet website that allows people to post and view videos in CCC environment. It is a great place to share CCC related information such as presentations, training sessions, and meetings.
Office OneNote Class Notebook:
OneNote Class Notebook allows you to set up OneNote for your class. Teachers can create three type of sub-notebooks: Student Notebooks, Content Library, and Collaboration Space.
Skype allows you to meet online using audio, video, and screen sharing.