Connect to publisher content through Course Builder.
Go to Course Admin->Course Builder->select the desired widget
If you wish to have widget included on your homepage for a specific class, modify your homepage.
For more information, go to:
- Log onto Brightspace and access the course you want to pair with MyLab
- Under Content, create a module called MyLab, MyMathLab, etc…whatever you want to call it (you need someplace for the MyLab tool link to go)
- Click on Course Admin and click on Course Builder
- Find the Pearson icon on the left hand side under Add Content
- Drag the that button into the module you created in step 2 (middle of screen)
- A Pearson pop-up will appear and you may see a message that says “Course Not Paired”
- Click on Mylab and Mastering Tools, and Pearson will open in a new window.
- Click on “Select a MyLab and Mastering Product to use with this course”
- Then click button “Select from My Existing Course List”
- Select from a course that you will make a copy of and then enter the new course title and course dates
- Click Create Course (this will take some time)
In the meantime:
- Go back to your Brightspace tab, and repeat steps 4 and 5 above
- Now when the Pearson pop-up window appears, you will see a list of links.
- Click on the links that you want to add to your course (a good choice is to add them all and hide or delete those you don’t want students to access)
At this point, the integration is nearly complete
- Click on Content and find the module you created in step 2
- Click on any of the MyLab links. At this point, you’ll create your course. Follow the prompts.
The remaining activities are for grade sync
- In the content module you created, Click on Existing Activities–>External Learning Tools
- Find and click on MyLab and Mastering tools
- Find MyLab and Mastering Tools at the bottom of that module and click on it
- At the top of the MyLab page, you’ll see Grade sync (the rightmost of 3 links: Tools, Diagnostics, Grade Sync).
- Click and Grade sync and choose the assignment(s) you want included in your gradebook.
- And you’re done.