Grades. What are they good for? Absolutely everything!
Rushing out the door fumbling for your keys, thinking of your next destination, juggling books and bags, a student asks you for his grade. As the bags slip and a folder of papers sprays all over the floor, you struggle to find the book with the right grades on it. Wouldn’t it be great if students could find out how they are doing anytime/anywhere without stopping you in your tracks? Brightspace makes it possible!
For more help, look below or visit the knowledge base.
Did you know that you can…
- Set up a weighted or points-based grading system
- Create ad hoc grade items
- Show the final calculated grade item to students
- Preview the grades of a specific student
Upcoming Grades Training
In this training you will learn about the Grades tool, how you can optimize it to meet your needs, and how it can enhance your ability to identify at-risk students or to acknowledge stellar ones.
Grades Training (virtual) – Register Here
- Creating and Entering Grades (basic)
- Grades Tutorial Videos (youtube playlist)
- Grades Training (recording courtesy of May Tso Coulson, WR)
Doing something cool with Brightspace? Share it with us!
What’s New In Brightspace?
Every month Brightspace releases a video of new features. Keep informed and watch below!
Help and Resources
- CCC Helpdesk: Submit a ticket or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Knowledge Base: https://brightspaceresources.ccc.edu
- On Campus: You can reach out to any of us, no matter your college
- Videos: Visit http://bit.ly/ccctube– CCC Instructional Technology YouTube site contains CCC-created videos like a Foundations review, TII, Student overview, course copy and more for you and our students
- Training Calendar: https://brightspaceresources.ccc.edu/trainingevents/