More and more research in the instructional technology field shows that retention and completion rates increase when instructors maintain an online presence in their class, engage regularly with students, communicate often, and provide clear instructions and expectations. We all want to reach each and every one of our students individually, but it can be time-consuming. Brightspace makes it easier!
Engage them and guide them.
Show them the way.
You’re off to great places.
You’re off and away.
Did you know that you can…
- Personalize announcements and other content through the use of replace strings
- Reveal content or activities to students systematically using release conditions.
- Keep students on track with automated emails using intelligent agents.
- Reward students with badges for accomplishments in your course.
In this training you will learn about the engagement tools in Brightspace. Learn how you can personalize and direct learning, keep your students on task, and connect with them.
Engagement topics include:
- Replace Strings
- Release Conditions
- Awards and Badges
- Intelligent Agents
Engagement Training (virtual) – Register Here
- October 22, 12:00-1:00pm (virtual)
- November 14, 12:00-1:00pm (virtual)
Psst…Missed the Grades Training? There’s still time – Register Here
- Oct 11, 1:00-2:00pm (virtual)
- Oct 16, 12:30-1:30pm (virtual)
Rich Powers (English & Literature HW) on his use of Intelligent Agents:
“Intelligent Agents send out e-mails automatically to students when certain conditions are met or aren’t met. They save me at least an hour each week because I don’t have to send out reminders to students when their quizzes, assignments or discussion posts are late. Brightspace does that for me!
I also use an intelligent agent in my online course to notify students when they haven’t logged into the course in the last 5 days, prompting students to get their acts together and not fall behind.
Intelligent agents are instructors’ and students’ friends! They help with:
– class engagement
– student motivation
– students’ abilities to keep up with the course
– fewer withdrawals
– fewer e-mails reminding students about due dates
– fewer e-mails asking about late assignments
Watch his tutorial on setting up an Intelligent Agent for “No Logins for 5 days”
Doing something cool with Brightspace? Share it with us!
What’s New In Brightspace?
Every month Brightspace releases a video of new features. Keep informed and watch below!
Help and Resources
- CCC Helpdesk: Submit a ticket or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Knowledge Base: http://brightspaceresources.ccc.edu
- On Campus: You can reach out to any of us, no matter your college
- Videos: Visit http://bit.ly/ccctube– CCC Instructional Technology YouTube site contains CCC-created videos like a Foundations review, TII, Student overview, course copy and more for you and our students
- Training Calendar: https://brightspaceresources.ccc.edu/trainingevents/