Welcome to Brightspace Fall 2021
Highlights In this Newsletter:
- Beginning of Semester FAQs for Brightspace and Zoom
- Zoom – Reminders
- New in Brightspace – New experiences and updates
- Virtual Drop-in Help for Faculty with Brightspace and Zoom
For more help, look below or visit http://brightspaceresources.ccc.edu
Beginning of Semester FAQs for Brightspace and Zoom
1. How do I locate my courses?
2. How do I upload my syllabus?
3. How do I change my course start and end dates?
4. How do I add a Zoom link and schedule Zoom class sessions
5. How do I copy a course (or parts of a course) from last semester to this semester?
6. How do I email my students?
7. How do I use Grades?
For more help, visit http://brightspaceresources.ccc.edu
Zoom – Reminders
- Enable Live Transcription – Enable the auto-transcription option that automatically provides captions during your class in real-time. This is incredibly helpful for students who may be unable to hear clearly or who may be in a loud environment. To use this feature, enable the setting in your CCC Zoom account and then enable it during class using the CC Live Transcript setting.
- For the best experience with Zoom, make sure you and your students are logged into the Zoom application before launching meetings and update your zoom application regularly.
- Review the tips on “How to control my zoom meeting” and discover more resources on zoom
- Zoom Cloud Recordings will be deleted 30 days after the term ends. If you record your class sessions or other zoom meetings using “record to the cloud” and you want to save those recordings, please download them to avoid losing them.
For more help, visit http://brightspaceresources.ccc.edu and search “zoom”
New in Brightspace
New Highlights Video
- New Assignment Creation Experience
- New Assignment Evaluation Experience
- New Brightspace Editor
- New Accommodations Tool (set student quiz accommodation at course level)
- New Ally Accessibility Tool
- New Work to Do widget for students
New Student Overview of Brightspace Video:
This is a student-facing video of how students navigate and experience Brightspace. Feel free to share with your students!
Explore fun & effective ways to customize your course in Brightspace
For more help, visit the knowledge base.
Upcoming Training and Drop-In Help
Access the complete list of Drop-ins* and Trainings
Zoom Link for all drop-ins*: https://cccedu.zoom.us/j/91263470950
- Drop-in Help for Brightspace or Zoom
§ Mondays: 2:00-3:00pm (Mariana), 3:00pm-4:00pm (Elissa)
§ Tuesdays: 12:00-1:00pm (Viviana), 2:00pm-3:00pm (Mariana)
§ Wednesdays: 10:00am-11:00am (Charles), 11:00-12:00pm (Dale), 2:00pm-3:00pm (Mariana)
§ Thursdays: 10:00am-11:00am (Syed), 2:00-3:00pm (Viviana)
§ Fridays: 12:00pm-1:00pm (Elissa)
§ ADULT ED Drop-ins Aug 25/26: 10:00-12:00pm (Jack) – different zoom link*
*check the calendar for the most up to date information as some dates may get canceled
- Request an Individual Appointment
· Brightspace Assessment Knowledge Base Resources
§ All About Assignments
§ All about Quizzes
§ All About Grades
Brightspace Release Notes
Every month D2L publishes notes on new features released in Brightspace. Keep informed and see below!
Help and Resources