It’s the middle of Brightspace Summer 2019!
As midterms quickly approach, we continue to focus on students by informing them of their progress and grades.
For more help, look below or visit http://brightspaceresources.ccc.edu
Below are direct links to the most common middle-of-the-semester tasks:
- Create a midterm grade item or a calculated midterm grade
- Locate dropped students’ grades
- Email your students
- Using Grades
Don’t forget, my.ccc.edu has changed. Click the circle icon in the top right corner for a vertical graphical navbar.
For more help, visit the Faculty Portal Help Guide
Did you know?
- You may wish to use Quick Eval to see online assignments that need grading
- You may wish to grade with inline annotations for Brightspace Assignments
- You may wish to personalize Announcements and more with Replace Strings
Help and Resources
Whether you are teaching with Brightspace this fall or next spring, the best place to start is with our Brightspace Foundations class, taught by both TISs and Faculty Champions.
- Please see the Brightspace Training Calendar for upcoming training dates
- If you prefer self-paced learning, you may register yourself for the online version of the Foundations Training class
- If you are an adjunct who has or will attend Brightspace training, you will receive a $50 stipend provided the training did not take place during your regularly scheduled duties
How Do I Save My Blackboard Course Content?
Fall 2017, Spring 2018 and Summer 2018 courses were migrated to Brightspace for you. Login to Brightspace to view them. If you do not see them in Brightspace, archive a copy of your courses to your local computer. Here is a tutorial to help you: http://ondemand.blackboard.com/r91/movies/bb91_utilities_copy_archive_course_package.htm
Archive any courses prior to Fall 2017 (summer 2017 and beyond) you want to save using the tutorial above.
How Do I Save Student Grading Information and Collaborate Recordings?
All faculty must download a copy of their fall 2018 Blackboard gradebook to facilitate any grade appeals. Student grading information is not migrated to Brightspace. Please follow these steps to download fall 2018 gradebooks and any other grade information from other courses you want. To download and save Blackboard Grade Center data, follow this workflow:
Go to your Blackboard course.
- Select Full Grade Center (under Control Panel)
- Select Work Offline
- Select Download
- Select Submit
How Do I Save Collaborate Recordings?
To download and save Blackboard Collaborate recordings, follow this workflow:
Go to your Blackboard course
- Select Course Tools (under Control Panel)
- Select Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
- Click the three-dash menu towards the left
- Select Recordings
- Select the Recordings In A Range dropdown next to “Filter by” to select dates.
- The list of recordings will appear.
- Click the circle to the right of a recording to download.
What if I have Incompletes for Fall 2018 Courses?
If you grant a student an incomplete for fall 2018 courses, the student must download anything needed from Blackboard to complete his or her work prior to December 31, 2018.
In accordance with CCC policy, keep a record of what the student needs to do to complete the course and work out a plan with the student to complete the course.
You and the student must agree with what is still required to complete the course, how the student will complete, and the schedule/due date for completion.
For help, contact the Technology Integration Specialist at your college or open a Helpdesk ticket by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.